Toska - noun /ˈtō-skə/ - Russian word roughly translated as sadness, melancholia, lugubriousness.
No single word in English renders all the shades of toska. At its deepest and most painful, it is a sensation of great spiritual anguish, often without any specific cause. At less morbid levels it is a dull ache of the soul, a longing with nothing to long for, a sick pining, a vague restlessness, mental throes, yearning. In particular cases it may be the desire for somebody of something specific, nostalgia, love-sickness. At the lowest level it grades into ennui, boredom.
- sausainis966 reblogged this from everythingwouldbenonesense
- everythingwouldbenonesense reblogged this from thebonepalaceballet
- teastainedskies reblogged this from thebonepalaceballet
- thebonepalaceballet reblogged this from rarararambles
- svaner likes this
- mintsteelpeachlilac reblogged this from dragononabroomstick
- dragononabroomstick reblogged this from rarararambles
- watch-in-hope likes this
- drana5150 reblogged this from rarararambles
- rarararambles posted this